Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Updated Old Brown Dress

You remember this dress? This was the first dress I made for Camille. The fabric is really heavy, and I have no idea why she wanted long sleeves in the first place. Because most of the Civil War events are in the summer, she gets really hot.

Well, after making this dress, which has short sleeves, the brown dress got laid aside. Now, the plaid dress is faded beyond all reason from multiple washings.

I am in love with the yoked bodice, and didn't want to see it not getting used, soooo....


Now it looks even better than before! Plus, she has her new stays on. I ripped the old sleeves off and lopped off the length, instead of using new fabric. I don't know why, but I felt the urge to hand sew the whole sleeve. 



Some hair flipping action:


And then she didn't want to take it off. 


This will be her second year owning this dress, and I'm really excited about how it's holding up, and how it currently fits.

No comments:

Post a Comment